Sunday, March 7, 2010

Apparently My Family Is Not the Only Crazy One Around

Today something really horrible happened.

Lately I have been so fed up with family drama. So it was logical when starting last week my boyfriend began to tell me about his family drama that I told him I didn't want to listen. Well, I barely listened. All I heard was something about his brother being arrested for drug possession and his other brother telling their mother that she was a big, fat, lazy pig.

I just didn't give a crap.

I listened even less today when he told me that there was a family meeting at 7:00 and they would all be discussing his two brothers' latest indiscretions. It seemed so nonchalant to me that his mother, father and two brothers arrived promptly at 6:30 and all went in to the room together.

I walked past the room and his mother said, "Come here, mi hija, we are going to have a family meeting".

I responded with, "No, I am on my way to my cousin's house and I just need to get my stuff". I grabbed my stuff and shut the door behind me.

But I couldn't walk away and something in my stomach told me to listen.

It began slowly with the father telling the brother that he had messed up something in the family business. The brother began to make excuses and demanded that their mother come to his defense. "Tell him! Tell him! Tell him what happened!" he started screaming.

The father yelled back, "Don't talk to your mother like that".

The father and brother continued to yell back and forth at one another, challenging one another to "take it outside".

Suddenly, the brother began to yell at the mother. I heard a huge bang and she started screaming and crying. I had it in my head that he was beating on her and causing her pain. I immediately ran into the bedroom, opening the door to see my boyfriend holding back his brother on one side and his father on another.

My boyfriend saw me standing at the door and yelled, "Get out of here! Get our of here".

I walked back to the bedroom and sat quietly listening for sound from the other room. I heard the father say that he would be evicting the brother and that if he didn't get out of the house he would send the police to the house.

My boyfriend's brother ran out of the room and screamed, "You're a sick pervert! A sexual deviant! I'm going to tell everyone that you are nothing but a sick pedophile. A sick, disgusting pedophile!"

My boyfriend suddenly came into the room and yelled at me, "Get your shit and get the fuck out of here!"

I was taken aback because I didn't understand why he was speaking to me in such a manner. Finally, he said, "There's gonna be some crazy shit happening tonight, and I don't want you here".

He's never spoke to me like that before, so I instinctively knew that I needed to get my stuff and leave immediately. I jammed out of there in minutes.

Frankly I could care less what is going on over there, because I am more concerned with the whole other aspect of the brother's accusation against the father.

You see, ten years ago, the other brother's ex wife told me on the day that they got divorced that she thought that the father had molested her ex husband when he was a child.

I mentioned this to my boyfriend and he laughed hysterically when he told me that she was just making things up because she was angry at the family. He said that it was a crazy accusation.

Yet over the years I have tended to stay away from the father, although I had forgotten as to why.

So tomorrow I am going to ask my boyfriend to explain his brother's accusation. And then, well, frankly, I don't know what will happen. My heart knows that if there was any molesting going on in that family that he will absolutely not tell me. I just feel it.

What the hell has my life become over the past couple of weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment