Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hello World!

Hello there-

You might know me elsewhere on the internet, or you might not. Whichever it is-thanks for stopping by.

Lately I have been dealing with a few issues with my crazy, wacko, mentally ill family that has pretty much caused me to pull out my hair. Maybe I am getting to that point in my life where I just don't want to deal with other peoples' dysfunction, but it seems that I am at my wit's end.

The only way that I can deal with some members of my family without ripping their head off is to write about it. Writing seems to be a therapy for me and I'm at the point in my life where I need to work out some issues that I have been carrying around all my life in regards to my family. I have always been the type of person who craves openness and honesty, and always has the urge to say whatever is on my mind.

So welcome to my therapy sessions. I don't plan on keeping this blog as a long-term project, but I plan on writing on it until I have had a little closure in my life.

All of my life one of my cousins and I used to laugh and joke at the craziness of our family, and we used to say that we wished that we could make a documentary. It's a standing joke between her and I. In fact, for the past couple of years we have gotten together some of my aunts and have written down some of the stories that they have told us, often joking that we would include it in our documentary.

I often wonder if my family is really that crazy, or whether I just have a low tolerance for bullshit. Well, after I write a little I will let you decide-and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I really want to know if I am over-exaggerating (or not) in regards to their dysfunction. According to my mother, I am over-exaggerating and I am the most privileged kid in the whole damn universe. I suppose that this blog is also an attempt to sort out some of those issues, since I consider myself to be pretty introspective.

You might be asking yourself why the title of this blog is called "A Prince Was Born". Well, I will get to that sooner or later because it has to do with one of the major dysfunctions in my family that continues to perpetuate itself over and over for generations. In a nutshell, our family is comprised of strong women as well as weak, inept men who have been coddled by these strong women. Oh, you will learn more later because it is a theme that will arise over and over again.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment